The JRAP project provides the following enhancements for Jini and RMI
- Reduce static code sender preconfiguration
- Local resource caching that can survive VM incarnations
- Off-line service operation
- Hostname independent urls
- Fault tolerant class loading
- Marshalled objects that will not become stale
- Dynamic resource serving customization
03-01-02: Proposal for local resource caching submitted.
01-01-02: The JRAP v0.02 prototype is available. Support for Solaris and
windows has been added.
JRAP now uses portable scripts to launch Java on different
11-20-01: The prototype download includes an easy to run demo which
shows jrap in action.
11-20-01: jrap v0.01 prototype implementation is available.